Thailand has long been one of the world's centers of tourism. Perhaps the most attractive part of Thailand from a tourist point of view are the stunning beaches of Phuket. These beaches have long been attracting travelers and tourists from all over the world its enchanting and incredible pristine beauty.
Seeing this beauty once, no one can remain absolutely indifferent to it, to these truly paradisiacal landscapes, consisting of impressive sand, white as snow, enveloped in an unprecedented exotic vegetation. Of course, as in any other resort there is a considerable number of beaches, and it is only natural that not all of them are equally comfortable, easily accessible, safe and clean. In order to assist tourists and travelers with the staff of the Thai National Bureau of Ecological Standards (of course, with the assistance of the workers of the Phuket United Reference Service), a study was carried out on recreation sites, which resulted in the publication of the corresponding rating. The main requirements for the beaches of Phuket, for which the study was conducted, were as follows:
Phuket Beaches: evaluation criteria
- - Ecological condition;
- - Safety for visitors;
- - Accessibility;
- - The level of infrastructure development.
It should be noted that the most important to rank has been recognized by environmental factors that drafters allotted 55% of the final value of the total rating of the beach (the other parameters were equivalent yield on 15%).
In analyzing the beaches, objects of study were divided into three groups, depending on their level of popularity and the usual amount of visitors.
The first group of beaches in Phuket, Which included the most popular tourist beaches, traditional place of a beach holiday. Among them were such well-known beaches like Karon, Surin, Rawai, Patong, Kamala and others.
The second group of Phuket beaches - Those that are wild or as little-known places of recreation. The distinguishing feature of these beaches - an extremely small number of tourists, even not every local resident can know about the location and characteristics of these vacation spots. Among these beaches were listed Nai Yang Saykeev, Mai Khao and others.
Mai Khao Beach - Video from a helicopter
And the third group - Phuket beaches private use and small, closed from prying beaches. These were considered such as the beaches of Paradise and Freedom, Banana Beach, and others.
The main result of the study was the recognition of the obvious fact that all the local places of beach holidays regularly kept in good condition. Local beaches are wide enough and flat, with their area of influence and also changing of the tides, depending on the day of the lunar calendar. As a rule, the tides cover local beaches early in the morning, and after 4 pm start flow.
It should be noted that a comprehensive assessment and study of Thai beaches was first conducted in 2002. After every year regular surveys of the condition and development of local beaches began, the dynamics of improving the cleanliness of beaches are clearly traced, and the level of development of local infrastructure is also increasing. Nevertheless, there were periods when, according to the results of the assessment, there was a deterioration in the condition of the beaches relative to the previous year. One such period was the 2010 year, when a number of violations were identified, as a result of which the shoreline and seawater were more polluted than in 2009.
According to recent studies, which were carried out in six nominations, experts noted the following Phuket beaches.
1. The most pristine beach. The basis of assessment lay down a comprehensive assessment of the three parameters: water purity, purity sand, adapted for swimming. There were marked beaches Nai Harn, Relax, Surin, Karon, Kata Noi, Kata, Sai Keaw, Nai Thon, Nai Yang, Nai Thorn, Bang Tao, Banana, Pansea, Kamala and Leam Sing.
VIDEO - Beaches - Caron - PHUKET
VIDEO - Beach - Kata - Kata Noi - PHUKET
2. The most popular beach among visitors. There is a clear leader in the well-known beach Patong. In addition it has also been marked by beaches Kata and Karon.
3. The most dirty beach. Evaluation was carried out by the level of water purity. Were marked beaches Rawai, Palai, Patong, Nakalay, Friendship, Kalim.
4. The most dangerous beach for visitors. There were nominated following beaches: Karon, Surin, Kamala, Laem Sing. The main reason for making these beaches in the current nomination is their extreme danger during the "rainy season", when they are servants of the undercurrent.
5. The perfect beach for snorkeling (a kind of swimming under water with fins, mask and snorkel special). Were marked beaches Paradise, Nai Yair, Tri Trang, Kata, Freedom, Nui, Kata Noi, Ao Sane, Nai Thon, Yanui, Laem Sing, Banana.
6. The final nomination as the the best beach in Phuket, A set of attributes. The winner was awarded beach Nai Harn.
Current information regarding the status of places for a beach holiday and current rating of the local beaches are published in the public domain on the website Enquiry Service Phuket. In addition to this information on the site states map detailing the places of rest. Especially popular this project in tourists and travelers who can post reviews conducted on vacation.
Phuket Beaches - Video:
Chalong Pier, video
Rawai Embankment, video
Panwa Beach Video
Nai Harn Beach Videos
Mai Khao Beach videos
Karon Beach Videos
Kata Beach Video
Beach Yanuy video