Top 10 the most amazing facts about Thailand. Thailand - a country with its extraordinary, its specific characteristics, traditions and trappings. get acquainted with Top-10 facts about ThailandWhich distinguish it from other countries.
1. Each nation has for a long time is the most distinctive feature - the national language. Worldwide, there are about six thousand languages. AND Thai He managed to stand out even with this diversity. What is so special about it? In Thai the largest number of unused letters. Unused 76 total letters. This parameter tongue Thai leader among all the currently used languages Thai. Extinct languages in the rating were not included, and if you take into account, it would belong to the palm Khmer. This feature of the Thai language has paved the way for him in the Guinness Book of Records.
In the Thai language has a few more features. Spaces are placed only between sentences, not between words. But due to the fact that the majority of Thai monosyllabic words, it does not cause any inconvenience. There are also some very interesting differences in the writing of consonants and vowels: the consonants are written horizontally from left to right, and vowels - bottom, top, left and right of the consonant.
2. Sunny Thailand is included in the Guinness Book of Records not only because of the unusual language, not less remarkable, and the capital of the hot Thailand - Bangkok, whose full name - Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit. Now, I think it is clear what is included in the city of Bangkok is such an important rating. You are absolutely right - for their extremely long name, the name of the longest city in the world. And this record is not long name just a random collection of words.
The capital of Thailand also notable for its hot climate. According to the World Meteorological Station - Bangkok hottest capital of the world. The average annual temperature in Bangkok is not lower than + 28 ° C.
3. The official calendar in Thailand It is based on the Buddhist era and leads chronology of the date of Buddha's deathAnd not as a Western, with the birth of Christ. So you have now, the 2015 and 2558 Thais. Thai calendar ahead of the West in the years 543And traditional Thai New Year (Songkran) is celebrated in April. Celebrations European New Year Thais satisfied solely for the sake of numerous tourists.
4. Thais - very superstitious people, With many of their traditions, habits and rituals will. Do not forget about this, going to ThailandAnd try avoid mistakes in communicating with the locals. It is considered extremely rude to touch a Thai's head. In their opinion the head - a sacred part of the body and it is the soul of man. Do not under any circumstances touch the Thai head. This is especially important rule in relation to children. Alien people in such action may harm the heart. Touching only his parents and monks are to the child's head.
5. Karens - an unusual group of people, living on the territory of north-west of ThailandBut at the same time preserving their culture, traditions and language. This exotic nation I came to Thailand from Burma. One of their unusual traditions is the wearing of copper rings by women around their necks. Women of the tribe begin wearing rings from 4-5 years. Initially, the rings were worn only by women born on a full moon, on Wednesday, but over time this tradition spread to all women of the Padung tribe. Every three years more rings are added to the ones already available, and together the total weight of the rings can reach a weight of up to ten kilograms. There is a myth that if all the rings are removed, the woman will inevitably die. However, this is completely wrong. Women can absolutely freely wear and remove numerous rings without fear of harming their health. Women of the Karen tribe who wear copper rings have a privileged position compared to other tribal women. They do not work hard, they do not work on plantations. Their destiny is women's pleasures and folk art: weaving, weaving, embroidery.
6. Another unusual tradition of Karen people is the rule prohibiting sexual maturity son to sleep in his own houseIf in the family there is also a daughter of the same age. He must go at night to the home of a friend, as long as the house is not the age of the girls. The same prohibition applies to all guests of the male of the family. They have to spend the night on the terrace of the house. Do not think for rudeness Thai family's request to leave their home at nightfall, honoring the traditions of this nation.
7. Even so ordinary for a modern man's place as a cinema, the Thais have something to surprise us. Before the start of all the films necessarily royal anthem is played. As he turns, you should get all cinema visitors, regardless of nationality or ethnicity. In most representations, theatrical performances and other entertainment events, this rule also applies. Some tourists come to the cinema to watch the Thais, who not only stand and listen to the national anthem, but themselves sing it by putting his right hand on the heart. Movies in Thai cinemas are shown in their original language with subtitles stitched Thai and Thai movies - without subtitles.
8. In the province of Surat Thani has two unusual school. Their pupils-a monkey. Imagine the most real live monkey! Visit one of these schools - you will not regret. Students will suit you the demonstrations with a variety of tricks and show their skills in collecting coconuts. They are professionals in this business. One professional kokososobiratel Thai can collect no more than 80 of nuts per day, and a trained monkey to collect 800.
9. Thailand - Land of Smiles. Only here there are thirteen registered officially ways to smile. In any situation Thais can respond to a smile, and it does not look strange or ridiculous. While in any other country that in some cases it would have seemed not quite relevant. A smile can express almost any emotion: joy, tenderness, embarrassment, excitement, fear, embarrassment and many others.
10. Become a traditional greeting in Thailand «Sawatdee» ( «Sawadi"), in fact there was only during the Second World War. Before you came into use this greeting, Thais greet, using the expression: «Gin khao yung", which means: "Have you already eaten?", Or more precisely, "You already ate rice" (Thailand - the world leader in the export of rice? ). This version of the ancient Thai greeting can often hear today. This is due to the generated in Thailand Food cult. Thai cuisine is almost the most unusual, tasty and healthy cuisine with the world.
All of the above is not all the interesting features of the hot Thailand. He still has something to surprise you.