How to obtain a driving license in Thailand. It's no secret that the traffic rules on the roads can be interpreted in different ways. But always, in any situation with a need to have a driver's license. Especially when it comes to accidents. In Thailand, this document must be Thai. We will answer the most common questions about it.
Driving license in Thailand. Are there our ?!
Most often in foreign drivers question whether their rights in Thailand. The answer is no, unless your rights have not been issued in Singapore, Laos and Malaysia. Only the law of these countries will be valid here. Moreover, if you get right in Thailand, in any of these countries you can drive without problems.
Do I need a driver's license in Thailand?
The next most popular question is about the usefulness of a driving license. Why do they need? When it comes to day to day trips, they can perform without having the rights themselves. The vast majority of foreigners in Thailand and enters. However, no one is safe, he crashes or accidents on the roads. Because the right to carry important. Their absence could lead to big problems.
Hardly Insurance CompanyIn which you are registered, will help you if you are in such trouble. Because the payment of medical bills if someone is hurt, it will be assigned to you. And he is likely to be small not. Also right in Thailand are the identity card, as they are linked to the passport number.
Can I get a driving license in Thailand?
Can a foreigner get in Thailand right? Yes maybe. Any person in the territory of the country, may submit an application and submit it to get right. You will need to present a non-immigrant visa, which is valid medical certificate and a certificate, which will indicate your place of residence. It is necessary to add two photographs, passport format, two copies of your passport. All the documents for obtaining a driver's license ready.
Rights in Thailand - a step by step course to get the document
The following describes the process of obtaining a driver's license for a motorbike to open the car category, you need to do the same operations as in the bike. For each category of your documents. That is, you need to get one original and make copies of it. If you need Thai international rights, You need to make another copy. Driving by car need to be kept separate, it needs to come to his car or to rent for 300 baht, near the transportation center.
1. Getting Help Resident Certificate, confirming the place of residence in Thailand.
Help needed in getting the immigration office, which is located on the street Jomtien, Soi Pattaya 5. To obtain it, you will be foreign passport, the lease of property, two photographs size 4 × 6, copies of passport and visa, a copy of the contract for rental housing. Photos and copies can be made for a few minutes near the immigreyshen office, or rather to the left of the entrance. The second option is to make copies of and photo in any "Kodak" company in the city, which is a lot.
for instructionsResident Certificate: - Reference Price 500 baht, the cost of photo copies and cost more in 150 baht.
- All documents go to the immigration office building and immediately turn to Mr. Alev rack.
- Take love, warning that hand over on the rights.
- Fill in the application form. The questionnaire can be filled with crowds among the masses of the people have racks with samples or sample sfotat, go outside, to the right of the entrance and enjoy a coffee at a table quietly fill. With this questionnaire back to where it was taken and get the voucher number.
- We are waiting until suitable place and hand over all documents.
- Walking for half an hour, pick up the certificate queue.
- Help Price 500 baht, the cost of photos and copies cost me 500 baht.
How and where to get help on the place of residence in Thailand (Resident Certificate)
Resident Certificate - A certificate of residence. This document is needed in many cases in Thailand.
Why a Resident Certificate
1. Resident Certificate is required -To buy a car, bike. You want to draw traffic to their name, Resident Certificate It will be among the documents that need to provide during ormleniya.
2. Resident Certificate is required -For the date of the driver's license. Resident Certificateneeds during the first posescheniyaorgana issuing a driver's license when you pass all of the documents and register for exams passing. It is important to note that at the time of the motorbike and a car is needed to separate each category Resident Certificate.
3. Resident Certificate is required -To open a Thai bank account. Previously it had the opportunity to open an account without Resident Certificate, but now he is asked in all bank branches.
What you need to get Resident Certificate
1. international passport. You must have both the original passport and a photocopy of the main page and page with visa or tourist stamp. Yes, Resident Certificate can be obtained without a long-term visa.
2. Immigration card (White rectangular piece of paper, which is issued at the border and are usually attached to a stapler passport). Do not forget to make a copy of the immigration card.
3. Photos (2sht). Size as a passport, can be color or black and white.
4. Contract rental. Very often there is no agreement, so take receipt of rental housing. If no receipt address, copy the address of the building plates or take a photo of the address, but rather take the business card of the hotel. If the apartment is rented by a receipt for payment of electricity, it also registered address.
The process of obtaining Resident Certificate
After you have prepared all the documents, photocopies and photos, head to the immigration office. I'll tell you how to get Resident Certificate in PattayaIn any other city in Thailand, this process is the same.
- When entering the immigration officeTo the left you will see the reception.
- Say the phrase «Resident Certificate» and you will love.
- Fill in the sample. Opposite the reception desk is required. Pen please bring or buy.
Recently, the immigration office there samples of filling in the questionnaire in different languages, Including the Russian. Fits the data you need in English, but with a sample, translated questions.
The data in the application are quite simple:
- Passport data,
- The date of entry and exit from the country of the future,
- Residential address,
- Phone and
Nothing complicated, but do not let mistakes.
After filling the form, go back to the reception and show that you have filled out the form and you have all the documents to obtain further Resident Certificate.
You will be given a numbered tag.
When your number is displayed on the electronic scoreboard, come to the table.
Get Resident Certificate can be no knowledge of English. Just put all the documents on the table and prepare 500 baht.
You will ask the purpose of obtaining Resident Certificate.
Targets are listed earlier in this article.
Just tell me what is needed document.
After waiting, come to the table 7-th queue and take away ready Resident CertificateIn exchange for a numbered color.
Immigration office in Pattaya
with 8: 30 to 16: 30 (Monday - Friday)
Lunch with 13: 00 to 14: 00
2. Getting Help
Confirming fitness to drive.
Help is available at any clinic .. We went to Pattaya Hospital. The building plates with pointers in three languages: Thai, English and Russian. I have handed over the passport and waited until they fill a medical card. Then I was summoned to the first survey: measures the weight and pressure.
I waited a little bit and I was again invited to the office. The doctor shone a flashlight into my eyes, listening stethoscope, asked if I had any allergies.
Taking the medical history carried her to the front desk, there 390 baht paid and receivedMedical Certificate.
In small hospitals should help 500 bat and make her 10 minutes.
3. Exams in the transportation center - how to reach
Moving on Sukhumvit (the main street in Pattaya) to the north.
We pass the turn of Bangkok.
We reached the plate, indicating the right road to Rayong, rebuild on the right side of the road and turn under the bridge.
Then go straight five kilometers before the road is split in two by two.
We go to the right and turn right into the oncoming lane, where a special U-turn with a sign.
Now on your left will be Regent's School Pattaya.
We pass this school and turn to the first left.
The transport center is surrounded by a fence area, we visit, we park.
Getting a driver's license in Thailand
Rise to the second floor.
You will see the reception.
Give the reference point of the 1 and 2: passport and a copy of the passport with the visa.
The red card.
We are waiting for their turn.
We pass the first test to pass:
Thai refers to the colored circle, call the color.
Put a face on spec. stand and call the color displayed on the left and right, without turning his head. (Test side zrenie_.
We sit down on a chair, put his right foot on the pedal, start revving once will light - press brake. (Test reaction).
Farang (foreigners) are thrown into the room to watch movies about the traffic rules in the English language.
In this room are posters with the signs of traffic.
Take pictures of all the characters come in handy in the exam.
After watching the film all sit on their bikes and ride to pass a driving test.
Exam driving - right in Thailand
Thai rewrites the license plate of the bike, and shows how you need to go.
Do not stand at the beginning to see how the others go.
Everywhere include turn signals when turning, except snakes.
At the stop line immerse one foot with the bike, count to five and go further.
travel in a straight line (if you feel that sways, add gas)
stop at the stop line 2 times in a row, and the parking lot.
Take the documents and go an examination of the rules of the road.
examination of traffic rules:
For those who speak English, it should not be difficult.
In the office you will be given a card with a chip.
Is inserted into the computer.
Press start and answer questions 30.
Acceptable 7 make mistakes.
If not passed, there is still an attempt. And so every day from Monday to Friday - 2 attempt.
As long as the inspector does not see, do photo answers after the test is complete, watch bugs and photograph the correct answers, we delete the photo with the wrong answers.
Phone use is not forbidden, but forbidden to take pictures.
Questions may come across the same, so the picture will help with mulligans.
After the successful completion of the test, you will be given a blue card, pay 155 baht. We are waiting for your turn, you take pictures and give a driver's license.
Now you can get a driving license in ThailandUsing this information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it necessary to pass the exam? If international driving license you have, the Thai can be obtained without any examinations. If there is none, then you need to pass an exam. But should not be afraid, as the requirements are non-rigid, for a lot of mistakes here turn a blind eye. To pass the exam 23 enough correct answers from 30.
Driving license in Thailand by Category - A, B ....
Suit whether the same rights for the car and motorcycle? Or need different? No, the same law will not work on the different modes of transport. International Certificate provides the opportunity to become the owner of the rights to the transport, which is specified in this certificate. No one denies you the right to take examinations to obtain the rights to the desired category of transportation.
Can the exam in Russian? Unfortunately, the exam for a driver's license in Russian in Thailand is not provided. It can be taken in English or Thai. It is not necessary to use the services of an interpreter, the exam itself takes place in the form of a test on the computer. To prepare for the exam, you can take a dictionary. It is allowed to take the exam.
Driving license in Thailand. What is the cost of obtaining the rights?
If you need the right to motorcyclesThen getting their cost 55 baht. Rights for the car will cost 105 baht. Rights can also be obtained in a more robust form - a plastic card. But its design will cost separately 100 baht.
How long is really right? The first rule will be valid for a year. Next, they need to be renewed. And the second license (and so on) will be really 5 years. With the extension of rights should not be a problem.
Driver's license in Phuket. What it takes time to obtain rights?
Registration in the Department of Land Transport happens to 8: 30 to 9: 50. But more time will be spent on the exams, so hope that you will be free before two o'clock in the afternoon, it is not necessary.
To extend the law, too, may need a good half of the day. But everything will be much faster when you understand how to construct all.